Belkin 54g router - Default 64 & 128 WEP Key?

Hi, Whilst toying around with a Belkin 54g Router through a wireless connection I've managed foolishly to switch on the WEP encryption, and now of course it has kicked me off the wireless connection before I had the chance to configure the WEP keys. As I don't have a normal Ethernet connection to the beast is there a default set of WEP 64 and 128 Hex keys it will use for the encryption?

James

Reply to
James McCormick
Loading thread data ...

I've managed foolishly

wireless connection

Ethernet connection to

the encryption?

Hmmm, Then switch off WEP on your side.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I've managed foolishly

wireless connection

Ethernet connection to

the encryption?

Assuming you have physical access to the router, maybe you can find the little reset switch? :') If it's yours, and you have the manual (on cd?), you should be able to find out all you need to configure it. Failing that, maybe Belkin's web-site/support?

Then, I'd relax, read the config instructions, and map out a simple sequence of actions to take. Including, maybe, assembling the necessaries for ethernet connection.

If any such device had a back-door like what you seek, can you guess what would result?

HTH, J

Reply to
barry

I've managed foolishly

wireless connection

Ethernet connection to

the encryption?

James, Same sort of thing happened for me, but if you can still plug into the router using an ethernet cable, you shouldn't need the key. Just open up the configuration page to the router (probably something like http://192.168.1.1) and change it back to an open network. Or put in a key that you choose, and set up your other computers with the new key.

Reply to
WiLLerZ

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.