Anyone else seeing tremendous WISP slowdowns on UBNT 5.5.10 (versus 5.5.6)?

Anyone else seeing tremendous WISP slowdowns on UBNT 5.5.10 (versus 5.5.6)?

We have a neighborhood setup in the Santa Cruz mountains, where we have been debugging a radio slowdown problem for weeks.

We replaced the router, the cables, the radio, etc., and just today, we figured out, almost by accident, that simply updating the Ubiquiti firmware from 5.5.10 to 5.6.2 (which we did a while ago), was what seems to have caused the appreciable bandwidth slowdown.

Has anyone else out there seen a huge slowdown in speeds when you "updated" your Ubuquiti firmware from 5.5.10 to 5.6.2?

Any idea why?

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Not your brand of hardware/software but I have seen similar on DD-WRT upgrades. It took a reset to default settings, a boot, and hand reloading of the parameters in use plus a final boot and things came back up to speed.

I think it was too much leftover stuff from that or prior upgrades that needed to be cleared out of memory after the final upgrade that was needed. A pain having to put the configuration back in manually but for me anyway it did the trick.

Reply to

Googling, I found on the ubnt forum that this is a nascent problem, which is just emerging, which appears to be related to new statistics software that Ubiquiti added to the latest release (which is, apparently, buggy).

More to come, I'm sure...

Reply to
Winston_Smith Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.