Antenna for GSM or CDMA cell phones?

Does anyone knows any web page with a project similar to an antenna for GSM or CDMA cell phones??

Reply to
heldmar
Loading thread data ...

Well in fact I read that topic before posting, but I didn't understand anything of what they say in it, I mean...I have my cell phone GSM and CDMA, both are Motorola.

I would like to make an antenna to have better reception with any of those. I've read that playing with the antenna diameter I could get the proper frequency for my cell phone (in this case, my telephone carrier works on 900 mhz)

What I really don't know is how it's going to be supposed to get a better signal my cell phone from the antenna? I mean, I would put my cantenna on the roof to receive the signal but...how am I supposed to give that signal to my cell phone?? Does this cantenna has to be connected to another cantenna downstairs which would send the improved signal to my cell phone?

Reply to
heldmar

There was a thread in this group Aug 23.

formatting link
"anyone built a Cantenna for GSM phone use ?" Are you talking about near the phone? I think the topic at hand was sticking the stub antenna into a can at the right point for a cantenna, and using bluetooth for conversation.

The problem is, I think, that you have to decide whether your desired signal is at 800/850/1800/1900 in order to build the proper antenna.

Reply to
dold

How about with a cable? Just about most phones have an external antenna socket. This makes a connection with the car kit which has an external antenna - spooky that eh?

However, I suspect that the can on your roof will end up with such a cable length that the losses in the cable will be more than the antenna gain.

If you're going to then attach a cable why not just use a landline? ;)

formatting link
David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.