3 Access Points in 1 DHCP

Hello.I have this problem: I have 3 Linksys in 1 building-2 floors and i have a DHCP.But when a new device want to have e-net i assign it in the 3 networks.My thought is that i want to connect the 3 DHCP in one and when i assign in whatever dhcp,when the client moves in other floor also to have access to e-net....Please help!

Reply to
koko711
Loading thread data ...

Are the linksys devices routers?

If so, disconnect the devices temporarily from the network and do the following:

1) Change pulic IP address of all but one router

Router A: 172.16.88.88 Router B: 172.16.88.89 Router C: [leave the same]

2) Change the internal IP address to be in the same range [Assume your internal IP space is 192.168.93.xxx]

Router A: 192.168.93.2 Router B: 192.168.93.3 Router C: 192.168.93.1

3) Disable DHCP on all but one router

Router A: Disabled Router B: Disabled Router C: Enabled

4) Plug the devices back into the network:

Router A: Plug into LAN port Router B: Plug into LAN port Router C: Plug into WAN/Internet port

Any wireless clients should now pull an IP from the LAN, and allow for roaming between the networks.

That being said, this is a less-than-proper way to design a network. You really need to have "Access Points".

Chris

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Christopher M. Hutchison, CEO NetSteady Communications, Ltd.

Phone: 614-255-5575 Mobile: 614-853-0091 Skype: wifi_chris

formatting link

Reply to
NetSteady

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.