how to remote access a server via vpn?

this may sound dumb but i am at sea while trying to communicate between vpn server and client. I have a vpn server setup and i can connect to it via the vpn connection through my windows machine.

But now what, how to use the connection and how to transfer files to/from the server and edit files in the server. when i searched the net all i get is how to access the remote server via internet explorer or outlook. so the question is how can i access that server. i have woked on ssl via putty but no idea which interface to use for my porpose.

can someone can provide some tips or some handy links to help me.

thanks.

Reply to
just.starting
Loading thread data ...

Sounds dumb.

Reply to
Que Ball

yeah, but to reply "Sounds dumb." to someone asking for direction is rather silly:P.please grow up.

for others who really want to help,

the vpn server is setup on a linux machine. how can i access its console.

thanks.

Reply to
just.starting

True, though your questions are still dumb.

Reply to
Que Ball

people as smallminded as you are not worth of my time and effort.

Reply to
just.starting

The two ends of the VPN are the same as two computers on the same local area network. If they both have *shared* file areas then windows networking should let you mount the shared drives and drag and drop your files from one to the other.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.