ViaTalk Nightmare

ViaTalk is good as far as the adapter being real easy to setup. I plugged it in behind a miriad of routers, modems, firewalls and a network switch and it had a dial tone immediately. That's where the good ended and here's where my nightmare began:

FIRST: they seem to say yes to any number portability and then once you're in, you find out your number cannot be ported. Cleary a BAIT & SWITCH tactic. SECOND: to make local calls you must not dial the area code. If you do, there is no indication, message anything saying not to dial the area code when making a local call. If you want to dial a local number with a different area code, you not only have to dial the area code, you also have to dial a "1" in front of it. Nothing on their knowledgebase tells you about this. THIRD: Try calling the support line and expect to be put on hold for a long time. FOURTH: Call the support line at night and you hear a recording "YOU ARE CURRENTLY FIRST IN LINE". I sat for over an hour being "FIRST IN LINE". I later found out they don't have any live phone support after hours. Again there was no message saying so and nothing on their website saying so. In-fact it suggests 24/7 support (that's only for their trouble ticket system). FIFTH: when you are away from your home phone, voicemail access is not via a toll free call. Currently the away from home voicemail system is down and has been for the last 3 days, at least for me, I cannot access voicemail. I can go on, but I'm tired.

Reply to
jloc803
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.