T.38 api/stack for C++ Windows development?

Does anybody know of a good T.38 FAX-over-IP stack/api for use with C++ development on the Windows platform?

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
Revtim
Loading thread data ...

Here is one link that I found on Google, although I've never it. We developed our own T.38 protocol implementation here.

formatting link

Reply to
James Calivar

Well, netbricks has failed to repsond to my query, so I must assume they don't want my business.

Any other suggestions, anybody?

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
Tim

What exactly is it that you're trying to do?

James

Reply to
James Calivar

I need to build a T.38 FAX-over-IP solution, using a Windows USB device with an analog phone port (FX0) which the user will plug a standard machine FAX into.

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
Tim

Understood. At my workplace we developed our own T.38 stack in-house. I'm not too familiar with any off the shelf solutions. I just Googled for the link I gave you before.

Reply to
James Calivar

in-house. I'm

That's cool, I appreciate you giving me the link.

Actually, NETBRICKS have since responded to my query, and we're communicating back and forth to see if they will meet my needs.

If anybody has any more suggestions/options for me to look into, I'd still appreciate it. I don't know yet if NETBRICKS is adequate, or if I can get the funding to purchase it.

Thanks again, Tim

Reply to
Tim

FYI, free/open source solutions are preferred.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid that... With my level of experience it will likely take me a LONG time to do myself.

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
Tim

Well, you can try to do it yourself, but that takes (1) time, (2) money, (3) persisitence. The big PITA as far as T.38 is concerned is the ASN.1 encoding. Whoever came up with that brilliant idea in the standards meetings ought to be shot.

Reply to
James Calivar

"James Calivar" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d48amo$s2e$ snipped-for-privacy@home.itg.ti.com...

Actually it IS a brilliant idea. Take that from a software company which has implemented H.323 and SIP. The text-encoding of SIP is a pain in the a**. With the ASN.1, you can either take an existing ASN.1 compiler or build one yourself and just compile a c/c++ encoder/decoder right from the ASN.1 source. This way you will likely get much more stable code than building by hand - which is the only option for SIP.

And this shows - I have seen far more SIP-stacks which are terribly implemented than H.323 ones...

Tobias

Reply to
Tobias Erichsen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.