skype enabled ata / usb to RJ11 device in India

hi,

i want to know if any company selling skype enabled ata or usb to rj11 device in India which can be used for making skype calls directly from regular phone.

if u know, pls give me link to their website / their contact add.

thanks krunal

Reply to
jariwalakrunal
Loading thread data ...

thanks martin,

can u guide me as which of the company selling this kinds of phones in india, i've tried to find out but yet, not a single company is selling this kinds of phone in india.

thanks krunal

Reply to
jariwalakrunal

Skype is merely P2P software, it doesn't work without a computer. At best you can attach a 'sort of phone' to the computers USB port.

To work directly from an ethernet port you need an ATA (analog telephone adapter) that works with the SIP standard, but you can't call Skype users (except via Skype- in). Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

check ebay.com and search for ATA

//H

Reply to
.devslashnull

Ebay would not be a good option as geting an ata shipped all the way to india would prove costly,try locating a cisco ata or any other ATA in computer market in india or contact a voip provider like net2phone in india,they provide ata to customer ,U can pay them for the ata .Also you can use FWD and call any other user FWD user in the same sip domain.but not a pstn phone.Like a yahoo to yahoo pc call.

thanks Aman

Reply to
Aman

I forgot to add this

formatting link

sipura ATA is availabe in INDIA.Check out the above link.Little costly though.

Reply to
Aman

thanks aman, i'll look for it

Reply to
jariwalakrunal

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.