Searching for a Softphone for Windows

Xten is good for "telephone" like functionality. It has DTMF support, has inbound/outbound proxy settings, has an onscreen keypad. It doesn't do Presence & Messaging. It also supports uri dialing where the address specified is alpha-numeric instead of the usual numeric only telephone number.

Wave3software makes Session. It has inbound/outbound proxy settings, does not yet have an onscreen keypad but this is coming. The latest release does Presence & Messaging. It supports alpha-numeric uri dialing. It also supports video but with a very restricted set of cameras.

You can check out Microsoft Portrait. It is a free soft client that looks and feels alot like W> Hi,

Reply to
Steve Blair
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

since I've already spent quite a while searching for a good softphone for Windows but not found a single application I thought you might help.

What I need:

..) SIP support ..) Support for an outgoing proxy ..) Presence and Messaging support

I do not care if its free or commercial.

Does anyone have an idea?

kind regards Philip

Reply to
Philip Lawatsch

Philip Lawatsch napisa³(a):

[...]

Xten ?

R,

Reply to

Does not support messaging / presence unfortunately.

Reply to
Philip Lawatsch

As you said, does not support presence and messages.

Well, 199$ is quite a lot if you ask me.

Does not support an outgoing proxy.

Would you happen to know any other software capable of doing what i want?

kind regards Philip

Reply to
Philip Lawatsch

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.