Did anybody get burned on the "Second month of Vonage free" coupon?

I would have to say it's probably the fault of the website owner (vonage-promotion.com isn't run by Vonage, but by an affiliate trying to rack up refereral income) for not making it clear that the offer only applies to Canadian users.

Of course this doesn't help you now, but generally if you find a current Vonage user (like myself), he or she can refer you, and you would then get the second month free if use the referral invitation e-mail they send to you. Likewise, the existing user gets a credit towards a future bill for referring you.

I haven't actually referred anyone yet (though if anyone's interested in giving it a shot, by all means let me know :) ), but those who have say that they do get the credit as promised, and the referred customer likewise gets their free second month as promised.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard
Loading thread data ...

I signed up with Vonage using the link below:

formatting link
coupon claims you will get the second month free if you sign up using the coupon. So I signed up using the coupon.

When the second month came around, I got billed anyway. Today I called and was told "that's for Canadian customers only". I am in the US. Well I never saw anything that indicated that, but now that I look at the above link again I do see a Canadian flag in the corner but NO mention of Canada anywhere in the page.

Anyway, I wonder how many others got burned on that deal.

Thanks,

--Dan

Reply to
dg

I should have posted this link:

formatting link
Which IS on the vonage site. I emailed Vonage after my phone call and told them that I thought it was shady to deny me the free month of service that was part of the offer when I signed up. They credited my account for a month of service and said that it IS a valid US offer.

So in the end, I didn't get burned after all.

--Dan

Reply to
dg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.