Is there a Cellular Technician Group?

I have an interview with Verizon Wireless as a Cell Site Technician and I wanted to find a group regarding the topic so I can find out some information to improve my chances during the interview and to familiarize with concepts of the cellular tech world. I already have a firm background in telecom. Any ideas or links? Thanks TJ

Reply to
Tbarrnes
Loading thread data ...

Other than what you you see in the alt.cellular.* hierarchy, there's not a lot that's technician specific. There is of course, alt.cellular.verizon

However, whatever you do, DO NOT tell them you've been snooping around in the newgroups. There were some Verizon Wireless technicians in the alt.cellular.verizon newwgroup posting under aliases about a year ago; Verizon worked hard to find out their identities and when they did, those techs were promptly fired. VZW *does not* take kindly to any of their staff members representing the company outside of established work channels, even if the results are beneficial, and are fiercly suspicious of usenet.

Best of luck.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard

There are a lot:

alt.cellular alt.cellular-phone-tech alt.cellular.alltel alt.cellular.attws alt.cellular.bluetooth alt.cellular.cdma alt.cellular.cingular alt.cellular.clearnet alt.cellular.data alt.cellular.ericsson alt.cellular.fido alt.cellular.gsm alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream alt.cellular.motorola alt.cellular.nextel alt.cellular.nokia alt.cellular.nokia.graphics alt.cellular.nokia.operatorlogos alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones alt.cellular.rogersatt alt.cellular.siemens alt.cellular.sprintpcs alt.cellular.tech alt.cellular.umts alt.cellular.verizon

but only, 2 and, or 3 end in tech (don't know may that be technology).

Reply to
Dr Balwinder S Dheeman

"The Cellular Radio Handbook"

formatting link
or at

formatting link
Scotty

Reply to
Scott Nelson - Wash DC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.