How to make skype wireless ?

How to make skype wireless ?

I signed up for skype but did not realize that the calls are via PC. So whenever I make a call I am stuck to the PC.My headset connects to the PC.

I am used to a wireless phone and doing other things while I talk.

is there any way to make my Skype connection wireless ?

I am NOT technical.

Thanks Tina

Reply to
tinaspeilberg1
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com skrev:

This looks like a good solution:

formatting link
(haven't tried it myself - found it in the customer's forum of Telio, a Norwegian IP telephone provider.)

Svein

Reply to
Svein Høvik

I know people who have managed to get a bluetooth headset working with Skype, also a PDA can be used if you have one.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

"Svein Høvik" wrote > This looks like a good solution:

Is their a handset available that is also SIP compatible? so it can be used on FWD?

Sidkney

Reply to
SidKnee

SidKnee skrev:

No, it's not SIP compatible as such. But if you have an IP phone adapter, for example the Grandstream 486, you can connect any analog wireless phone, INCLUDING the Dualphone.

Svein

Reply to
Svein Høvik

SidKnee skrev:

No, it's not SIP compatible as such. But if you have an IP phone adapter, for example the Grandstream 486, you can connect any analog wireless phone, INCLUDING the Dualphone.

Svein

Reply to
Svein Høvik

SidKnee:

There are wifi SIP phones available, will work without a computer, anywhere there is a wifi signal available. Zyxel 2000W, Senao, some others, but they are not cheap at the moment. Cisco does one too, just remember to sit down and take deep breath before you ask the price... Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Have a look at

formatting link
VTA1000-Skype is SIP and Skype compatible (Yup, in one device) Connect your own cordless to it. Price is way below the dualphone.

Regards, Erwin.

Reply to
EdR

Why are everyone complicating things? Why don't you use a SPA 1001 or a SPA 3000 and connect as many phones you want to the VOIP device? SPA

1001 is under $50.

formatting link

Reply to
Sekhar

Unfortunately, the solution you recommend is not available for those of us in the U.S..

Dan

Reply to
Dan Epstein

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.