Compraison of IAX-capable phones

Hello,

searching the web hasn't yet brought up much of the kind of information I am looking for: a comparison of several IAX-capable phones on the market in terms of price, capabilities, user-friendliness, etc.

Would anybody be aware of a site with such information or possibly know of a magazine that has published an article to that effect.

TIA!

Al

Reply to
Al
Loading thread data ...

I don't really know any other than the PA1688 and AR168X varieties.

Reply to
Thomas Kenyon

There aren't many to choose from.

Much more choice in the SIP phone market.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Thinking of it, does anyone know of an IAX hardphone, with working call transfer?

Reply to
Thomas Kenyon

The PA168S based ATCOM AT320 works (including transfer) with both the SIP and IAX2 firmware loaded.

I recall having a problem with Transfer on one of the IAX2 firmware versions about a year ago but I changed to another version and it was solved.

These days, I wouldn't touch that phone - but there was a time when I knew no better.

I too, am looking forward to the day some of the quality brand suppliers begin to offer IAX2 based handsets. Until then, I normally stick with Aastra.

Reply to
Cardiff IT Support Ltd

Ah, maybe the problem is solved then.

Afaict, Atcom have run out of PA168s anyway, so you'll be unlikely to get one.

The one I've got here has been pretty solid, and significantly cheaper than an Aastra 9112i (and prettier imo), I guess you get what you pay for.

Reply to
Thomas Kenyon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.