EX cuseeme users

There used to be HUNDREDS of reflectors.

What happened to everyone??

Did they all move on and get lives??

FILMON.COM has free videoconferencing

Any old cu'ers out there?

Pop in

say hi

luv a lurker

Reply to
notgoingtoget
Loading thread data ...

hey ,

well ,i am a cuseeme user from the first hour, i bought my first BW Quickcam 1994 and from that time on i was online on several reflectors. It was amazing that multiconferencing worked even on a 33 MHZ Quadra

650 with a 14.4kb Modem and dialup in these days and i thought "cuseeme " would be " the next big thing" A "reflector " is a little free programm that could run on any webserver and people could connect from everywhere.

In the middle of the 90th the internet became more and more popular and the ability to connect more then one computer with one connection to the internet without the need of a separate ip adress for every machine , brought us evil NAT.

NAT was the first cuseeme killer because Network Adress Translation was not implementet into the free cornell reflectors version and after cuseeme was sold to whitepine. They did not release the sources and developed a "meeting point server" with H323 and NAT support for 12.000 dollars

The rights on "cuseeme" were sold several times from cornell to whitepine. from white pine to first virtual communication and from FVC to radvision.

So it ended up in expensive propietairy microsoft only software used for wargames :-(

After some research, i found "Pmref a cuseeme compactible "clone" that works on any machine , behind NAT and even a dynamic ip. It has ipv6 support aswell.

there is a new free PC compactible client aswell

for mac osx users we have vchat

The problem was since "ILS" Internet location servers gone offline and streaks and his "reflectors scanner" was sued ,

there were no ability to find other users because cuseeme was decentral and it died slowly.

I found a new technologie that could make it possible, that other users could find each other but noone on this planet give away the client sources , maybe they are afraid to get sued like "streak" in the end of 90th.

So my idea is to improve the old client / server and implement "zeroconfiguration" to it.

Well one of the last adult reflectors shot down in 2006 and people are gone to other plattforms.

no really , but thats what most people say ;-)

is that a reflector adress ?

well, you could do so......

cheers cu @ stattfernsehen.com

marc

Reply to
macbroadcast

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.