Relationship between CMIS and CMIP?

I have been trying to understand the relationship between Common Management Information Service (CMIS -- ITU-T X.710) and Common Management Information Protocol (CMIP -- ITU-T X.711), especially from a software development perspective. Below I am summarizing my understanding of the difference between the two. Kindly feel free to correct any misconceptions that I may have.

(1) CMIS provides a service-oriented view while CMIP provides a message generation, message forwarding and message delivery view

(2) CMIP accepts CMIS request and response service primitives, and issues CMIP PDUs, which are then delivered to the peer users

(3) CMIP uses all the CMIS services namely GET, SET, ACTION, CREATE, DELETE, CANCEL-GET and EVENT-REPORT

(4) CMIS uses the following Association Control Service Element (ACSE

- ITU-T X.217) services: ASSOCIATE, RELEASE, ABORT

(5) CMIP uses the following Association Control Service Element (ACSE

- ITU-T X.217) services: ASSOCIATE, RELEASE, ABORT, P-ABORT

(6) CMIP uses the following Remote Operations Service Element (ROSE - ITU-T X.219) services: INVOKE, RESULT, ERROR, REJECT-U

(7) CMIP forwards the PDU to the remote user using ROSE services. In other words, CMIS does not worry about whether the peer entity is local or remote

(8) If an analogy may be drawn with a messaging service (e.g. CORBA Event Service), the Event Producers and the Event Consumers, which have business logic associated with them, are part of the CMIS world. Event Channels, Remote Event Senders, Remote Event Routers and Remote Event Receivers etc., which are concerned with delivering events to interested users, local as well as remote, are part of the CMIP world Regards, Nimmi

Reply to
nimmi_srivastav
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.