PBX driver for CSTA support

hi all,

Greetings. I m doin a PBX driver for third party CSTA servers. My PBX also connects to any third party media server.

CSTA server needs to be informed about the media server(type, capabilites etc) attached to the PBX.

For above to happen, PBX needs to communicate with the media server and retrieve all the capabilites which can be further forwarded to the CSTA server requests.

1) Is there any standard mechanism(protocol) available for the communication b/w media server and PBX ??

2) Or, rather, wht kind of support does popular available media servers provide for such kind of information exchange ??

3) all those popular available PBX which supports several media servers, wht kind of protocol does they follow for information exchange.

Thanking you,

Aakash

Reply to
jaakash
Loading thread data ...

Not to be rude, but you have posted the same question asked three different ways three different times. Since the responses haven't been coming in if I were you I would:

1) Contact the PBX vendor's support group. They should have specifics regarding any proprietary software methods. 2) Contact the third party media server vendor's support group. They also should have any specifics regarding proprietary methods that are available. 3) Check to see if these vendors are listed at
formatting link
website hosts many different forums for technical users and developers. I have personally found the telco-related ones to be very useful and responsive. Try this route if your particular vendors are represented.

When you are talking about protocols and whatnot there is only one generic form that I am aware of that coordinates CSTA type sessions. This is TSAPI. I have very crude library for TSAPI that is wrapped in the Ruby programming language. The main project is hosted at

formatting link
If you check out the project site you will see a tsapi.pdf file, which details each and every method that TSAPI uses for communication between clients and servers.

There are proprietary scenarios that are offshoots of CSTA, such as Dialogic's CT-Connect. But when you get into these they aren't freely available. So if you are trying to utilize them you are talking about additional capital expense.

If you do start to put things together please post your progress, as I'd like to see how you are able to either bypass TSAPI or tap into a proprietary vendor's CSTA support.

Reply to
gregarican

Just as a side note because the Dialogic CT Connect product was mentioned here I wanted to make sure it was in this thread that Dialogic no longer owns the CT Connect product line.

It was recently sold to Envox and they are now >

Reply to
Ray Cassick (Home)

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.