harris butt sets - easy to self fix?

I've noticed that there seem to be a fair number of broken harris butt (ts22, ts21 et al) sets that one can pick up (relatively) cheaply on the net. Does anyone know if these guys tend to break in certain ways (i.e. the speakers get blown out easily, etc.)? Just curious if it's worth trying to pick up a few and refurbish them ( I do have some electronic skills - i.e. could replace blown discrete components, but am by no means an electronic "mensh"). Somehow I'm betting that replacement parts may be a bit of a problem to come by.. :-/ Thanks for any ideas, recommendations.

Reply to
paul
Loading thread data ...

Is it not worth it because the market just isn't there for refurbished TS2x models?

Cheers

Reply to
paul

Changing out the cords is easy. anything else is probably not worth the effort.

Reply to
Dale Farmer

Because fixing more that just the cords is a PITA, chasing parts and so on becomes more effort than the twenty bucks worth of savings is worth. for a one off effort. IF you are talking about going into the harris butt set refurb business, then that is a different kettle of fish.

--Dale

Reply to
Dale Farmer

Reply to
Eugene Blanchard

In article , Eugene Blanchard writes

Actually, PITA is an FLA (four letter acronym), also known as an 'ETLA' (Extended Three Letter Acronym). ETLA is preferred, as 'FLA' could be confused with EETLA (a Five Letter Acronym). EETLA = Expanded, Extended, Three Letter Acronym.

;-}

Phil Partridge snipped-for-privacy@pebbleGRIT.demon.co.uk Remove the grit to reply

Reply to
Phil Partridge

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.