CE-PE interaction

Does any one know how frames are forwarded from a customer edge switch to provider egde switch in a metro ethernet?

Thanks, Sriharsha

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

it depends.

you dont normally need to use label switching between CE and PE - so all you need is standard IP over Ethernet.

Maybe 802.1q tags if you need VRF separation?

Reply to

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.