Block a telephone number

Have a client who is getting calls, always from the same number in another area code. The calls have not gotten to the point where he can take legal action. His carrier (Time-Warner Telecom) says they cannot block calls. His equipment is an Avaya ACS with Partner Messaging, and all calls are first answered by the auto attendant. The phone equipment cannot do this. Is there a device that can be put on the line to block particular numbers? Have not started googling yet.

TerryS

Reply to
TerryS
Loading thread data ...

I have a customer who's CID is being spoofed.They would gladly switch with your problem.

Reply to
KenW

Could you set up a vector that looks at the CID of the inbound call and routes it off to somewhere?

Seems to me that your AA should be able to be setup to care about the CID of the inbound call and act on it.

Reply to
Ray Cassick (Home)

His equipment will not do this. I am looking for a black box that will treat a particular call differently from all the rest. He has at&t for a carrier. Their call blocking feature will not block cell phone or pay phone calls ! If the equipent was Nortel I could do it.

TerryS

Reply to
TerryS

something like this work ?

formatting link
?

Reply to
Steve Stone

thanks, but not quite.

TerryS

Reply to
TerryS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.