Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

[telecom] Target Hackers Wrote Partly in Russian, Displayed High Skill, Report Finds
Target Hackers Wrote Partly in Russian, Displayed High Skill, Report Finds Hacking Campaign Appears Broad, Sophisticated and Against Many Retailers By DANNY YADRON CONNECT Jan. 16, 2014 The holiday...

[telecom] Ripoff nation: How Verizon and AT&T stacked the deck against cellphone users
Ripoff nation: How Verizon and AT&T stacked the deck against cellphone users Heads they win. Tails you lose LYNN STUART PARRAMORE, ALTERNET JAN 10, 2014 If you live in America, there's a good chance...

Wall plug wires? [telecom]
What I want to do is replace the telco wire with a connection to a Cisco SPA122 connected to a cable modem for VOIP for a friend. That way [my friend] can get a land line phone number from [redacted]...

Deutsche Telekom Says T-Mobile Value Back to AT&T Deal Level [telecom]
Deutsche Telekom Says T-Mobile Value Back to AT&T Deal Level By Cornelius Rahn Jan 20, 2014 Deutsche Telekom AG has recouped its investment in T-Mobile US Inc., with an increase of the unit's value...

Double digits problem with at&t U-verse [telecom]
Double digits With AT&T U-verse voice, I'm experiencing what I call a "double digits" problem. When I dial an 800 number automated service, such as my bank or conference call bridge, and enter my PIN...

AT&T's Sponsored Data is bad for the internet, the economy, and you [telecom]
AT&T's Sponsored Data is bad for the internet, the economy, and you Another brick in the wall By Nilay Patel AT&T today announced a new "Sponsored Data" program that lets developers and brands pay to...

Hepting v. AT&T [telecom]
Hepting v. AT&T Electronic Frontier Foundation In Hepting v. AT&T, EFF sued the telecommunications giant on behalf of its customers for violating privacy law by collaborating with the NSA in the...

CenturyLink to Expand Internet Service in Stanardsville Area [telecom]
CenturyLink, Inc. announces it is expanding its high-speed Internet (HSI) service to residences and businesses in Stanardsville. The company is working with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)...

Super Bowl 2014: Verizon, AT&T upgrade networks at MetLife Stadium to meet digital demand [telecom]
Super Bowl 2014: Verizon, AT&T upgrade networks at MetLife Stadium to meet digital demand By Alexi Friedman/The Star-Ledger Whether it's the exact moment of kickoff, or when Bruno Mars takes the stage...

Verizon cuts early cellphone upgrade to 30 days from six months [telecom]
Verizon cuts early cellphone upgrade to 30 days from six months Julianne Pepitone, NBC News Verizon's early-upgrade program will now allow phone trade-ins after just 30 days - but customers are still...

Congression Internet Cauces discussion about Network Neutrality [telecom]
I recommend this webcast as a good discussion of the Network Neutrality issue. Panelists talked about the future of the Internet following a D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals ruling. The ruling stated...

FCC's Wheeler vows to 'fight' after net neutrality rules struck down [telecom]
By Phil Goldstein, FierceWireless, January 17, 2014 | FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler vowed to press on this week to ensure that | the Internet remains free and open following a federal appeals | court...

How the FCC Can Achieve Net Neutrality and Save the Internet [telecom]
By Mitchell Lazarus, CommLawBlog, January 17, 2014 | The FCC should do the right thing and fix its old mistake that led | to the present situation. | | [Blogmeister's Note: This is an op-ed piece,...

R.I.P. Mark J. Cuccia [telecom] (2023 Update)
Mr. Horne, Just a short note to inform Telecom Digest that Mark J. Cuccia passed away yesterday. He was from New Orleans and contributed to TD for many years. I know he had friends in the telecom...

Pleper: HBO prepared to go direct to consumer 'if model changes' [telecom]
By Steve Donohue, FierceCable, January 17, 2014 | HBO doesn't yet plan to launch a standalone version of its premium | cable network that would be available to subscribers using tablets | and other...