Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Suspicious event hijacks Amazon traffic for 2 hours, steals cryptocurrency [telecom]
Suspicious event hijacks Amazon traffic for 2 hours, steals cryptocurrency Almost 1,300 addresses for Amazon Route 53 rerouted for two hours. Amazon lost control of a small number of its cloud...

The Phantom of the Open-Source Opera [telecom]
New York Magazine has been running a series called "The Internet Apologizes," featuring interviews with some of the those who were present at the creation of the digital world. I just read the...

'No Company Is So Important Its Existence Justifies Setting Up a Police State' [telecom]
"No Company Is So Important Its Existence Justifies Setting Up a Police State" A conversation with legendary programmer Richard Stallman on the real meaning of "privacy rights" and why he only ever...

Caller ID stumper [telecom]
Hello, My VTech phone (land line) Caller ID stopped working and only displays "Incoming Call". The CID works properly if I'm on a call and someone else calls simultaneously. The CID also works if...

Google is launching an Android chat service to replace SMS [telecom]
Google is launching an Android chat service to replace SMS The service, dubbed Chat, is not a Google messaging app but will run on Android phones through partnerships with dozens of mobile carriers...

5 things AT&T revealed in the Time Warner trial that could directly affect you [telecom]
5 things AT&T revealed in the Time Warner trial that could directly affect you Five things AT&T revealed in court that could directly affect you. For weeks, officials defending the AT&T-Time Warner...

911 dispatcher sentenced to jail after hanging up on thousands of callers [telecom]
Ain't nobody got time for this: 911 dispatcher sentenced to jail after hanging up on thousands of callers It took Hua Li two minutes and three tries to get help from Houston 911 as a convenience store...

[Telecom] Residential Follow/Find Me Services
I am finding it difficult to maintain reachability using my cellular, home VOIP, and office phones. The cellular in my office area is the pits [probably because our lab has hoards of satellite...

Centurylink major shareholder acquires 7,620,118 shares [telecom]
CenturyLink (NYSE:CTL) major shareholder Holdings (Private) Ltd Temasek acquired 7,620,118 shares of the business's stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, April 4th. The stock was purchased at an...

U.S. Said to Investigate AT&T and Verizon Over Wireless Collusion Claim [telecom]
by Cecilia Kang WASHINGTON - The Justice Department has opened an antitrust investigation into potential coordination by AT&T, Verizon and a telecommunications standards organization to hinder...

How Europe's 'breakthrough' privacy law takes on Facebook and Google
By Olivia Solon How Europe's 'breakthrough' privacy law takes on Facebook and Google Europe's General Data Protection Regulation is forcing big changes at tech's biggest firms - even if the US isn't...

Verizon's new parental control app lets parents track their kids' locations [telecom]
By Dani Deahl Verizon has announced that, starting today, its parental controls product, FamilyBase, will be upgraded and renamed. The new parenting controls app, called Verizon Smart Family, will...

AT&T CEO Stephenson says deal needed in content-dependent world [telecom]
by Diane Bartz, David Shepardson WASHINGTON (Reuters) - AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson said on Thursday his company's bid to buy movie and TV show maker Time Warner would allow the two firms to serve...

Frontier Employees Say Company in Slow, Downward Spiral [telecom]
by Karl Bode Just about a year ago, reports emerged that Frontier employee morale was at an "all time low" thanks largely to managerial missteps and a lack of adequate resources to do their jobs. The...

Head-To-Head Contrast: Windstream and Its Peers [telecom]
by Samantha Guadardo Windstream is one of 73 public companies in the "Telephone commun- ication, except radio" industry, but how does it compare to its competitors? We will compare Windstream to...