Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Old vs. New Doctors -- Communication and Technology
I believe they said *less* prone to error, not error free, Pat. I'm inclined to believe it. There is less error when it is neatly typed rather than relying on everyone's ability to read everyone...

Re: Old vs. New Doctors -- Communication and Technology
It is an old and widely accepted cliche' that doctors have terrible handwriting. My daughter is in her 4th year as a medical student and she tells me that pharmacists and nurses really like the...

Re: Old vs. New Doctors - Communication and Technology
(Lisa Hancock) wrote about Old vs. New Doctors -- Communication and Technology on 8 Feb 2005 14:07:43: When she got into her late 70s, my mother started looking for the youngest physician in the...

Why Do Cell Phone Conversations Interfere With Driving?
---- Forwarded Message From: Monty Solomon < > Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:49:33 -0500 Subject: Why Do Cell Phone Conversations Interfere With Driving? Why Do Cell Phone Conversations Interfere With...

Re: Old Party-Line Arrangements
I believe the first office with DDD was Englewood, New Jersey, a 5XB with ANI/AMA. The second was Enid, Oklahoma, or Harlingen, Texas, similarly 5XB with ANI/AMA. Wes Leatherock

Well, I for one, know that I'd be a lot nicer and more respectful if half the town was listening in on MY phone. scott

In the early 90's I'd moved and gotten a new phone number. But months went by and I never received a bill. I'd dutifully call Nynex every month and try to explain that I was using the line, I should...

Re: Any Recommendations re: Economy Internet Phone Service?
They do troll the Vonage forums though and answer those questions that they easily can. Demands for things like ACR fall on deaf ears though.

Spammer With a Toll Free Number
The following number is for a company that sells it bulk mailing services, you can never ger off the list even though they give you a link and this number. By the way, it also allows you to send...

It was displayed in a circle on the card in the middle of the dial above or below your phone number. In the 1970s and 1980s my sister in law in Ghent NY had a circle digit even though she had a...

Sullivan Says Ebbers Told Him to Manipulate Numbers
Telecom dailyLead from USTA February 9, 2005 'S HEADLINES NEWS OF THE DAY * Sullivan says Ebbers told him to manipulate numbers BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH * HP chief Fiorina steps down * How much is...

Re: Supermarket: Let Your Fingers do the Paying
There's an important thing to consider here -- what is actually being stored. Finger scan technologies do NOT store your fingerprint -- they store metadata. Sort of like a one-way hash, this...

Why Do Cell Phone Conversations Interfere With Driving?
David L. Strayer, Frank A. Drews, Dennis J. Crouch, and William A. Johnston Department of Psychology University of Utah To Appear In W. R. Walker and D. Herrmann (Eds.) Cognitive Technology:...

Profiles in Driver Distraction: Effects of Cell Phone
Conversations on Younger and Older Drivers David L. Strayer and Frank A. Drews University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah Our research examined the effects of hands-free cell phone conversations on...

Browser Feature Could Make Scams Easier
By ANICK JESDANUN, AP Internet Writer NEW YORK - An Internet browser feature meant to permit Web addresses in Chinese, Arabic and other languages could encourage online fraudsters by making scam Web...