Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Supermarket: Let Your Fingers do the Paying
You could give your kids access to your account so they can buy groceries for you, but you'd have to hope they don't load up on candy and soda :-) On the other hand, its possible to fake fingerprints....

E-Mail Bug Made Computers Phone Emergency Line
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A Louisiana man has pleaded guilty to sending rigged e-mails that caused some computers to dial the 911 emergency services number, prosecutors said on Monday. David...

Vonage Complains to FCC of Calls Being Blocked
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vonage Holdings Corp., an Internet-based telephone service provider, has complained to U.S. communications regulators that some of its calls are being blocked, the company said...

Oregon Woman Thought Suicide Party Was Joke
By RUKMINI CALLIMACHI, Associated Press Writer PORTLAND, Ore. - College senior Jaime Shockman was at home working on her computer when an instant message popped up at the bottom of her screen. It was...

GSM Operator Roaming Specification
Hi, Could some one provide me the document or link to it, which is the standard specification for implementing GSM operator roaming, is the standard published by gsmworld association ( i have searched...

Re: Click Fraud Looms As Search-Engine Threat
Change your browser to Firefox. Or stop going to such sites, but that would be too extreme. More seriously, anyone using IE should download and use Google's popup blocker, or an equivalent. Given the...

Re: Powell Rips FCC Delay on Connection Fee Reform
"Reform" is what those advocating any particular change always call it, progressive or regressive. As I recall, the last "reform" slaughtered competitive DSL. The CLEC settlement rules, which the...

Re: Vonage Complaining Of VoIP 'Blocking'
ISPs are not common carriers.

Re: Complaining Of VoIP 'Blocking'
That is not the case and never has been. In the US, at least, ISPs are not common carriers, have never been common carriers, and never will be common carriers unless there's a significant change in...

Motorola and Oakley Introduce First Bluetooth Sunglasses
Cutting-Edge RAZRWire Line Offers Consumers On-The-Go Connections CANNES, France, February 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Motorola, Inc. (NYSE:MOT) and Oakley, Inc. (NYSE:OO) today unveiled a new line...

Motorola Drives Next Generation Services with Push-to-View
Continues to Lead Industry with First Push-to-Experience Application for GSM PoC Handsets at 3GSM World Congress CANNES, France, Feb. 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- 3GSM World Congress -- Motorola, Inc....

Mobile Phone Industry Eyes Music Downloads
By LAURENCE FROST AP Business Writer CANNES, France (AP) -- With a covetous eye on the success of portable music players, mobile phone makers are going after would-be iPod buyers by building...

Re: Man Dies Waiting for 911 to Arrive
On Thu, Feb 10 2005 18:00:00 PST Patrick Townson > wrote about: Man Dies Waiting for 911 to Arrive certainly can happen, but, IMnotsoHO, it's the fault of the 911 operator. I often get 911 connections...

Re: Click Fraud Looms As Search-Engine Threat
Pat et al, the way to stop the popups short of a power cycle is to go into "Network and dial up connections", right click on your lan connection, select properties, and check the box ot the bottom of...

Re: Motorola v550 - Picture Downloading??
I have a V551. If you have the mobile phone tools package, first, be sure to update it (live update). What you want is under tools multimedia studio pick "mobile explorer" The phone is on the right,...