Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

February 18, 2005 - Qwest to bid again on MCI
Telecom dailyLead from USTA February 18, 2005 'S HEADLINES NEWS OF THE DAY * Qwest to bid again on MCI BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH * Major publisher eyes educational services via handsets * Juniper...

Re: Simplifying Web Checkouts
the main reason I usually drop shopping cart transactions part way through. In a lot of these on-line shops the only way to find out their shipping charge is to get the item into the shopping cart. I...

Re: ADSL and SDSL?
In article Dean wrote: Your understanding of the _names_ underlying the acronyms is correct. The names reference two different, incompatible, implementations of technology that fall under the broad...

Re: A Silly Question - 2-Line Phone With One Phone Number?
Please Define "quite some time now". LB

Healey Proposes GPS to Protect Abuse Victims, Gang Witnesses
By Karen Testa, Associated Press Writer | February 16, 2005 BOSTON -- Victims of domestic abuse and witnesses to gang crimes could get special protections from satellite technology under new...

Hacking Attacks Rarely Made Public, Experts Say
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A security breach that placed consumers at risk for identity theft grabbed headlines this week but most hacking incidents go unreported to police or the public, experts said on...

New York Times to Buy About.com for $410 Million
By Julie MacIntosh PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - The New York Times Co. on Thursday said it will buy online information portal for $410 million from publisher Primedia Inc. as it looks for new ways to...

Re: Leading Zeros?
In article AES wrote: What is 'right' depends on "what you want out". If you always want 4 digit numbers, with leading zeros as needed to reach that specific size, then you select 'custom' for the...

Re: Cell Phone Use Coming for Airbus Fliers
I wonder if they plan to support the 800 and 1900 MHz that North American GSM uses, or just the 900 and 1800 MHZ used in Europe. Some North American GSM phones can do 800 or 1800, but most can't. The...

Internet Fraud Threatens Economy - Secret Service
By Spencer Swartz SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Internet fraudsters, motivated by money and armed with sophisticated technology, pose an increased economic threat as they steal private data from companies...

Re: Another Rejection Number (was Re: Detroit: America's Rejection)
[Pat, please hide my email address from the post] carl Moore (Civ,ARL/SLAD) wrote: Here is the complete list of rejection hotline numbers available, courtesy of

Re: E-Mail Bug Made Computers Phone Emergency Line
Back in the early 1980s, I worked for a small company called Axxa. They were created to build a workstation product desired primarily by Citibank. I wasn't there when the product was designed, but I...

CFP: Extended Deadline: The 2005 Conference on Communications
Extended Deadline: March 10, 2005 See for details The 2005 International Conference on Communications in Computing (CIC 2005) June 27 - 30, 2005 Monte Carlo Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA Extended...

Re: Vonage Complaining Of VoIP 'Blocking'
When was Cox EVER a common carrier? This might be worth reporting to the FCC. --scott "C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis." [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I have said this before:...

Qwest Makes MCI Bid Public
Telecom dailyLead from USTA February 17, 2005 TODAY'S HEADLINES NEWS OF THE DAY * Qwest makes MCI bid public BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH * Mergers may be in the cards for equipment makers * Cabir...