Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lots of Personal Reports Leaked Out From Choicepoint
"Choicepoint" is one of the major accumulators of persnal info about just about everybody in the US. It's used by credit agencies, businesses, landlords, law enforcement, oh, and also, identity...

Thanks to Cellphones, TV Screens Get Smaller
By NOAH ROBISCHON New from the creators of "24": a spinoff series about a rogue Washington antiterrorism agent who is trying to infiltrate the Department of Defense. It's called "24 Conspiracy," but...

You There, at the Computer: Pay Attention
By KATIE HAFNER FIRST, a confession. Since starting to write this article two hours ago, I have left my chair only once. But I have not been entirely present, either. Each time I have encountered a...

Re: Verizon Plans to Offer "Naked DSL" on 4/5 of its Wirelines
Many ATM's now use dial-up access. Of course the encryption must be fairly robust but from what I know about banks, I tend to be pessimistic about it. My Verizon account number was NPA-NXX-XXXX XXX...

Cell Phone Use Coming for Airbus Fliers
GSM phones in the US are provided by T-Mobile and also on the all-digital services from Cingular/AT&T. Elsewhere in the world they are available in almost all countries except a few in South America,...

SBC Has High Hopes for TV Service
Telecom dailyLead from USTA February 16, 2005 'S HEADLINES NEWS OF THE DAY * SBC has high hopes for TV service BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH * What is Qwest's next move? * Tier 2 carriers look to...

Patton to Unveil New VoIP SoHo Solutions at CeBIT 2005
Patton to Unveil New VoIP SoHo Solutions at CeBIT 2005 These two new mid-range VoIP routers deliver converged voice-and-data communications to small-office and home-office (SoHo) users in remote...

Re: SS7 F-Links and A-Link Emulation to Decommission Switch
[ Pat, please suppress email address, thanks ] Brett, you left out some important details, but let's try to work through the problem regardless ... First, F-links (Fully Associated links) are nothing...

Can You Identify - FUJITSU
I have approximately 40 modules that look like they attach to the bottom of a business telephone with a 68 pin connector. They are white plastic. They are made by Fujitsu-identified as ROM CART. Some...

Re: Vonage Complaining Of VoIP 'Blocking'
Cox, being a cable company, isn't a common carrier and never has been. Why do you think they are? R's, John

Re: ADSL and SDSL?
There is no inherent superiority in either of the technologies. *WHAT* CIR? There are a whole sh*tload of issues, some 'technical', but *most* are 'administrative, that affect the situation. ADSL vs....

Re: Detroit: America's Rejection Capital (except it isn't)
Subject: Re: Detroit: America's Rejection Capital It's called "Rejection Hotline" -- it rejects all calls with a rather stupid message. There are similar numbers in many other cities. See list at:...

Packet8 Problems Dialing Austria
I purchased Packet8 from Compusa a couple weeks ago and have been trying to call an aunt in Klagenfurt Austria but I never get through, which I can on my pots line. Packet8 seems overwhelmed to get...

A Silly Question - 2-Line Phone With One Phone Number?
I have a silly question. I'd like to get a 5.8 GHz, 2-line phone with multiple handsets but I only have one incoming phone number into my home. In order to fully utilize Line 1 and Line 2 I assume I...

IE 7
FYI IEBlog | Microsoft Docs