Walmart fixes PA after prank; prankster arrested; social media helps search [telecom]

Walmart has changed its store PA systems in the wake of a prankster using it to broadcast offensive remarks. The Philadelphia Inquirer had several stories about this; for full article please use the link.

formatting link
[PA fixed]

The prankster, a youth, has been arrested. [TV news reports not shown said he was facing up to two years hard time in state prison for the prank.]

formatting link
[arrest of culprit]

"Social media" contributed to the apprehension.

formatting link
[social media helps find prankster]

Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

I hope they're just puffing out their chest and acting tough and aren't seriously considering this as punishment. Drunk drivers don't get that much time.

John

Reply to
John Mayson

I would believe the newspaper before I would believe a wild statement by a Philly TV station.

The first account posted:

"If convicted, he could face a brief stay at a juvenile facility and/or counseling, authorities said."

He is 16 years old. That would be reasonable. Two years hard time, OTOH, would be totally out of order for an insensitive prank.

Reply to
Sam Spade

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.