Video shows alarming capabilities of mobile tracking software [telecom]

Carrier IQ Video Shows Alarming Capabilities Of Mobile Tracking Software Devin Coldewey

You may be aware of the growing controversy surrounding Carrier IQ, a piece of software found pre-installed on Sprint phones that, according to developers who have investigated, is capable of detecting, recording, and transmitting various user actions and inputs. Among the data CIQ potentially has access to are location, SMS, apps, and key presses.

formatting link

BUSTED! Secret app on millions of phones logs key taps Researcher says seeing is believing By Dan Goodin in San Francisco

30 November 2011

An Android app developer has published what he says is conclusive proof that millions of smartphones are secretly monitoring the key presses, geographic locations, and received messages of its users.

formatting link
Carrier IQ Part #2
formatting link

Android Security Test

formatting link

Reply to
Monty Solomon
Loading thread data ...

[Moderator snip]

I have a Samsung SCH-R910 from MetroPCS. I don't see IQRD running on it at all and I've checked via E2 and the manager and it's not on the phone at all.

Reply to
T

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.