Verizon won't shut off email as soon as you feared [telecom]

Q. What's the deal with Verizon's e-mail deactivation policy? Do I have to keep reading my messages on its site to keep my account active?

A. The reader who sent this question got an e-mail from Verizon late last year with a somewhat foreboding warning that "if you haven't accessed your verizon.net email account in over 180 days, your email account will be deleted and cannot be reactivated."

Her e-mail, like the one I received, cited only one way to avoid that fate: "log in to webmail.verizon.com from a computer and check your email within the next 30 days."

formatting link

Bill

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Bill Horne wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@telecom.csail.mit.edu:

Hello,

I left Verizon when I moved to a Bright House neighborhood about 9 months ago. I tried to pay them to keep the service but they couldn't figure out how to sign me up for it. My email reader keeps checking the old email address using pop each day. The account is still going strong despite all services cut off.

The recent letter from Verizon about Frontier and AOL will likely kill the address off in a few months.

David

Reply to
David LaRue

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.