Unusual Phishing Attempt

What's unusual about this one is that they want you to phone a number to give away your personal data rather than sending it to a phony web page. Wonder who is on the other end of that phone number.

Dear Brian, [which is not my name] Your recent order has been cancelled due to the billing information not verifying with your issuing bank. Please call our Payment Processing Department at 1-800-991-6828 with the correct information and we will be happy to assist you. Please disregard this message if we have spoken to you regarding this order.

jhhaynes at earthlink dot net

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: If you received that letter in actual email I suggest they were possibly trying to avoid a scam. I called the number and tried to bluff them out; the woman who answered asked for my name and zip code (I gave bogus info) and she said she was unable to find an order 'from that zip code and name' for their various clients including 'Foot Locker' and a couple of other companies. I get the impression it is a legitimate payment processor. PAT]
Reply to
Jim Haynes
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.