The Verizon Strike Is Not Just About Wages. It Is About Power and Domination Over Workers. [telecom]

BY ALEX GOUREVITCH

Bruce has worked construction for Verizon for nearly thirty years and he is on strike. Walking a picket outside a Verizon Wireless store, he explains why: "I love this job. It's outdoors, you get dirty, you get to do things. You see that island over there, I can tell you where each of the manholes are. I've been in every one of these buildings here," he says, pointing to a cafe, then some office buildings, a travel agency, and a few restaurants. "I don't like not working, just standing around here. But we gotta do this. I mean, I love this job but I don't want it for my children."

Only a few Verizon workers are picketing this Massachusetts location, standing calmly in the signature red shirts of the Communications Workers of America (CWA) holding placards emblazoned "On Strike!"

formatting link

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.