[telecom] Threatened by Anonymous, Symantec tells users to pull pcAnywhere's plug

Threatened by Anonymous, Symantec tells users to pull pcAnywhere's plug

Source code leaked years ago, but now Anonymous hacking group has software in its sights

By Gregg Keizer Computerworld January 26, 2012

formatting link

Reply to
Monty Solomon
Loading thread data ...

We long ago stopped using PCAnywhere and went to Logmein. Even that is not allowed if the customer is processing credit cards. I hear tell of a story that a certain restaurant franchisee had PCA installed on his machine with the default password and got several credit cards stolen from the Russian hackers. It created quite a stir and led to the legislation and the corporate mandating that all affiliates use a security company to protect the data.

Since their stores were all in a 50-mile radius, it didn't affedt me much, but I now have to go to the site to do maintenance.

carl

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Per Carl Navarro:

Has anybody verified or disproved the TeamViewer publisher's claim that TeamViewer is approved for use in the German banking industry (and, by implication, is pretty tight...)?

I've been using TeamViewer for a number of years now and can't figure out why anybody would use anything else. But all I use it for is personal stuff, not business.

Reply to
Pete Cresswell

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.