[telecom] Arguing with Verizon over whether $0.002 = 0.002 cents

Youtube (audio) of a conversation, reportedly with Verizon customer service, over whether 35,896K of data at 0.002 cents/K should cost $71.79.

formatting link
There's a transcript at
formatting link
formatting link
) but Youtube has taken down their version of the recording.

This may have been reported here before, though I can't find it via google groups. A web search does show that the recording has been around (and talked about) since at least 2005, so it's not terribly current.

Dave

***** Moderator's Note *****

Having been an engineer at Verizon, I can sympathize with both the customer and the Service Representatives heard on this recording: the customer, who is astonished that anyone would mistake fractional milage for cents or cents for dollars, and the reps, who can't believe that their computer could possibly make a mistake.

Truth be told, I was often astonished at how dumb my cow-orkers sometimes appeared - being young and callow, I didn't know how much the drudgery of day-to-day life in a bureaucracy can deaden the mind and calcify the conscience. Suffice to say that I'm more forgiving now.

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

Please put [Telecom] at the end of your subject line, or I may never see your post! Thanks!

We have a new address for email submissions: telecomdigestmoderator atsign telecom-digest.org. This is only for those who submit posts via email: if you use a newsreader or a web interface to contribute to the digest, you don't need to change anything.

Reply to
Dave Garland
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.