Jeff Baumgartner, Mike Dano, Nicole Ferraro and Phil Harvey discuss cable versus fiber, consumer broadband labels and potential roadblocks to BEAD program rollouts. The editors also discuss why T-Mobile will need to re-think its 5G advertising strategy and whether TikTok is now cooler than ever in The Notebook Dump for the week ending March 24.
The stories covered include:
- Omdia's Jaimie Lenderman on how cable is speeding ahead on network upgrades
- Consumer advocates, industry groups still quibbling over broadband label rules
- 'Buy America' restrictions could bog down BEAD
- T-Mobile urged to stop using 'fast,' 'high-speed' or 'reliable' in FWA ads
- Comcast fights mobile ad complaint lodged by AT&T