Re: Worldwide Telephone Numbers (Re: How to Dial US Toll Free)

>> These days, more and more businesses outside of the US and Canada are

>> listing their full international number in adverts and such. You are >> seeing more numbers displayed on the Internet and elsewhere (if you >> see non-US/Canadian ads and such), as +44 etc (for the UK) or +81 etc >> (for Japan), +33 etc (for France) etc. > I pretty much agree with your comments, and would add another bit, mainly > for NANP readers. The access code for domestic long distance in Europe, > and a number of other areas, is 0. This isn't part of the international > number, so if you see a number like +44 (0)20 ..., the zero in parentheses > should be dropped. Similarly, where a national number is referenced, the > leading zero should be dropped before prepending the international access > code and country code.

The other day one of the guys in my office had to fax something to the U.S. Embassy in Katmandu, Nepal. He kept keying in country/city/number and it would get refused until I told him that international access code for the U.S. was 011.

Reply to
Tony P.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.