Re: Who is 888-695-9405, and Why do They Keep Calling Me?

> DNC is, presumably, the Democratic National Committee. Did you ever

>> donate money to the DNC or one of its daughter PACs? >> Even if you don't have a "business relationship" with them, it is >> not clear to me whether the "do not call" requirement of the >> Telephone Consumer Privacy Act (TCPA) would apply to a PAC. It >> would not surprise me that the US Congress, when it wrote the TCPA, >> would carve out some exemption for PACs. > I suppose it could really be the Democratic National Committee, if > they're trying to annoy people into voting Republican. But it seems > like such a shady operation (endless hang-up calls, calling cell phone > numbers, hard-to-identify voice mail, etc.) that I find it hard to > believe it's really that DNC. They aren't *that* clueless, are they?

Non profits seem to be excluded from the Do Not Call lists. And as someone who lives in a house with people registered in both parties, yes, both parties and their candidates pester us all the time with surveys and get out the vote calls as primaries and general elections approach.

Reply to
DLR
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.