Re: Valued Added Caller ID Spoofing

Caller ID spoofing services being available to the general public were > bad enough.

> This service not only spoofs caller ID, it allows you to set up > automated harrassment! You pick pre-recorded sound bites to play, and > you can set it up to call someone repeatedly. >
formatting link

There sure are times when I'd be sorely tempted to use a service -- and it would be against targets that truly deserve being subjected to automated harrassment.

(The list would include most telemarketers, all spam faxers, and certain firms with some kind of automated or robot phone systems that have one of my numbers erroneously programmed into their system and even if I can identify who the firm is, I can't contact anyone who will correct the error.)

I guess the only thing that stops me is that I doubt that the Tricktel people are any more trustworthy or responsible than the people I'd be going after.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: And did you notice the Tricktel people do not work for free either; I think I saw on their web site where the rate for their 'services' ranges from 25 cents up to one dollar per incident, depending on what they think about you as a customer. Let's assume you pay one dollar per call made. Can you afford that? I sure cannot. I think Tricktel also said that depending on how tough things get on them (in the event of a complaint) they may or may not protect your 'privacy'. I just don't know you can trust them. PAT]
Reply to
AES
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.