Re: Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?

And don't you just hate it when the voicemail system asks for your

> account code so they "can better process your call" and the very first > thing that the human operator asks for is your account number? > > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Actually, in the case of human > operators, its not a bad thing that they ask first for your account > number or other identifying feature. While you are on the line > explaining your problem, the better trained agents can be scanning > your account as you are speaking, and frequently have an intelligent > and correct answer for you when you have finished stating your > problem. Would you prefer that they listen politely to your problem, > _then_ ask for your account number, go away, and come back in a minute > or two with an answer? Even for automated systems, the several > seconds required for voicemail to give its spiel is time the system > can be spinning its disk drives and looking up your account if it > knows your name and identity. PAT]

I would prefer that the system deliver my account number to the agent based on the entry I made during the automated routine at the start of the call.

It's similar to being handed off (often abruptly) from one agent to another and the receiving agent doesn't have a clue about the issue you spent five minutes trying to explain to the first agent.

Further, if they are located in India just forget anything beyond a simple request.

Reply to
Tim
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.