Re: Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?

snipped-for-privacy@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

>> My department at my employer uses plain 2500 style telephone sets >> under a Centrex system. I kind of assumed they were still common >> place, but I understand now that they're kind of unusual? I heard >> caller-ID is very common on business phones, is that true? > Unfortunately everyone wants one button access to features and such and > displays with caller ID, length of call, etc. so you're seeing less and > less of the 2500-style phones on office desks these days. > One of the things I appreciated about the Executone IDS systems I used > to maintain is that the "wave" desk phones had 2500-style keypads on > them instead of the keypads found on the new business system phones > (buttons wrong size, a 'mushy' feel to them, etc.). Nothing beats > those old tried and true keypads.

I'm partial to the 7406D+.

The keypad is very close to that on a 2500 set. Feature buttons respond with an accompanying sound to and in some cases, a light to indicate the feature is active, like send-calls.

I hate the 8410's we have but the 6408's we've got are ok.

And don't you just hate it when the voicemail system asks for your > account code so they "can better process your call" and the very first > thing that the human operator asks for is your account number? > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Actually, in the case of human > operators, its not a bad thing that they ask first for your account > number or other identifying feature. While you are on the line > explaining your problem, the better trained agents can be scanning > your account as you are speaking, and frequently have an intelligent > and correct answer for you when you have finished stating your > problem. Would you prefer that they listen politely to your problem, > _then_ ask for your account number, go away, and come back in a minute > or two with an answer? Even for automated systems, the several > seconds required for voicemail to give its spiel is time the system > can be spinning its disk drives and looking up your account if it > knows your name and identity. PAT]

What I hate even more is calling Cox Communications. They have you enter in your phone number before letting you through the gate.

Then a service rep comes on the line and asks for your phone or account number.

Apparently it doesn't pass that little bit of information from the phone system to the computer sitting on the reps desk.

Reply to
Tony P.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.