Re: Stromberg Carlson Company?

>> >>> I believe the equipment manufacturing division moved to Florida and is

>>> part of General Dynamics. >> They are in Florida, and I think part of Siemens, or they were a while >> back. They were a fairly big supplier to independent telcos, and one >> of the few to make the transition to digital switching. Their DCO >> competed quite well with Northern Telecom's DMS-10 and smaller >> DMS-100s. > Back in 1982, General Dynamics sold off all of the telecommunications > divisons. The "Stromberg Carlson" telephone manufacturing and ATC, > decorator phones, went to Comdial. The CO switch manufacturing part > was in Lake Mary, FL and it was not part of the sale as I remember, > but GDCC did not retain it. > Rolm bought Stromberg and later Siemens and now it's called > Siemens-Stromberg. > Carl Navarro

General Dynamics still has a full service COEI Installation division, I get calls from their recruters a couple times a year. I know that GD had bought Stromberg Carlson.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today? (c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Reply to
Steven Lichter
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.