Re: Setup Home IIS Server That Doesn't Allow Outside Connections

I am subscribing SBC Yahoo DSL Express Package, and I want to setup

> personal home IIS server at home, that allows outside connections to > my server. I am able to run it internally, but couldn't connect from > outside.

Exposing IIS to the outside world without a heavy-duty firewall in place is simply *asking* to have your system broken into.

I want to know if ISP SBC block incoming port 80 request from outside?

"Maybe", "probably", even.

Any ideas?

Did you try:

1) reading your service agreement to see what it says about running servers? 2) *asking* the SBC support people if you are allowed to run servers? 3) asking the SBC support people if they block incoming port 80 requests.

Please advise. Thanks!!

Comment: If you don't have the knowledge/skills to investigate/troubleshoot a matter like this yourself, you should _not_ be attempting to set up an "exposed to the world" server on the Internet, by yourself. Get somebody who _knows_ _what_they_are_doing_ to go over *everything* on that box (and the rest of your local network), and who can recommend/specify a good hardware-based firewall -- *and* who can diagnose _why_ contact from the outside world "doesn't work".

Reply to
Robert Bonomi
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.