Re: Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites

Who do they need to use school equipment to pursue these hobbies? You

> do school work on school equipment, you go home and work on your > hobbies.

I think you meant 'why' rather than 'who'. Well, a number of kids do research for their papers. Writing about radio and other things aren't out of the realm of reason. I wrote several papers and did a presentation or two about radio when I was in junior and senior high. I learned a lot about electronics when I was in high school from reading books in the school library. And I went on to get an electronics degree, a commercial radiotelephone operator's license, and a great deal more later.

I ask you what is the difference between reading about it on the Internet and reading about it in a library? Would you advocate removing books like that from the library simply because *you* think that they don't 'need' to read them? And it's a damned sight better thing for a kid to be doing with his or her time than getting involved with the wrong crowd or worse.

This is not personal, but you need to severely rethink your position.

Sorry to come down on you this hard, but limiting student access to information simply because we think they don't 'need' access to it is a pretty short sighted opinion for an educator to take.

Regards,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.