Re: Reverse 911

Claude J Ortega wrote:

>> >>> Just received a call as follows: >>> (999) 999-9999 NAME NOT FOUND >>> and it was an "amber alert" about a missing boy in our town. >>> Has anyone else heard of this? >> Yep, my town is trying it out. >> I have an answering machine on my line, to filter out the >> telemarketers, and the reverse 911 system just hangs up without giving >> out the 'important' message. :-( >> Claude > They would leave a message except that they want to be sure the message > was "heard". > My wife's reaction was, "what?! I want to hear it again!" > There should be a number that one can call back so that other > members of the household can hear the information from the source.

Apparently some services do provide that facility at an additional cost, but the basic Reverse 911 is a free service to Police departments in the USA.

Reply to
Rick Merrill
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.