Re: Recorded Weather Forecast for New York City?

I just tried 212 976 1212 from my Lingo VoIP phone and I got a

> recording saying that I can't call that number using my choice of > phone company, and if I want to call it I should either switch to > Verizon or call a 900 number that they read twice at "only 99 > cents/min."

I'm getting the same recording on (212) 976-1212, although through my usual LD carrier I'm sometimes getting the "Eureka Info Highway" intercept first, just as when calling 976-2828. It's weird the way they intercept and then complete the call anyway, but 976-2828 works every time for me one way or another.

I'll pass on that 99 cent/min. offer -- Besides I'm 3000 miles outside Verizon's local service area and I can't call 900 numbers, so neither suggested option is much good to me.

By the way,you can get the NOAA recording of current weather observations (as used by pilots etc.) for NYC on a regular number: (212) 772-7452.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Coxwell
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.