Re: Question About Historical Cell Site Information

I am a criminal defense attorney in Houston, Texas, exploring a

> possible alibi defense for a client whose cell phone records show > his cell phone being used immediately before the alleged bank > robbery that the police claim he committed. He says he made the > call at his mother's house, which is 40 miles away the bank he > allegedly robbed. I have subpoenaed the historical cell site > records from the carrier, T-Mobile, but a T-Mobile representative > claims that they do not keep historical cell site information past > 30 days.

Even if there are records available to confirm it, it's a pretty fishy alibi. So somebody at his mother's house was using his cell phone when a bank 40 miles away was being robbed. "Here Mom, take this phone ... and call me in about an hour."

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Except that if the records are available it should be easy enough to find out _who_ the conversation was with, how long it lasted, and who was on each end of the line. PAT]
Reply to
Matt Simpson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.