question about historical cell site information

Hi. I came across your website. I am a criminal defense attorney in Houston, Texas, exploring a possible alibi defense for a client whose cell phone records show his cell phone being used immediately before the alleged bank robbery that the police claim he committed. He says he made the call at his mother's house, which is 40 miles away the bank he allegedly robbed. I have subpoenaed the historical cell site records from the carrier, T-Mobile, but a T-Mobile representative claims that they do not keep historical cell site information past 30 days. Does this seem correct to you? I know other carriers, such as Sprint/Nextel, keep such records in their archives for years. Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Brent Newton

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Can anyone offer any suggestions to this attorney about cell phone record keeping and how cell towers are assigned, etc? And to attorney Newton, good luck in getting your client off the hook on this! PAT]
Reply to
Brent Newton
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.