Re: Phone Repairs Continue in Flooded New Hampshire

>> And meanwhile, Verizon shamelessly continues its "It's ON!" advertising

>> about their landline service, which was not even true BEFORE the >> flooding! >> Airing those ads NOW is especially insulting to the victims of the >> current outage. > It's irrelevant to many people, anyhow. My new Charter Cable > phone-over-fiber service goes out if the power goes out. My Verizon > traditional phone-over-copper line had battery backup at the CO, but it > didn't matter to us anyhow, since our only landline handset is cordless! > Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows > Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED > It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

I admit to having no battery backup for my VoIp but power here has been pretty stable.

If worst comes to worst I know a 13.8V car battery will do in a pinch and I've got hardware around to make a quick and dirty 13.8V generator.

Reply to
T
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.