Re: PECO and PSE&G Power Companies Merger

In TELECOM Digest V24 #419, our Editor wrote (in part):

I never heard of the New Jersey version) in the instance of > Bryn Mawr, there is no such suburb in the Chicago area. There > _is_ a Bryn Mawr Avenue in Chicago (and continuing in a near > northwest suburb) and there is a CTA train stop known as > 'Bryn Mawr' (logically, on the street by the same > name) and there is, oddly enough, a 'Bryn Mawr' station on > the Illinois Central suburban line on the southeast side of > Chicago; but no Bryn Mawr as a town or neighborhood around > Chicago.

"Bryn mawr" is Welsh for "big hill", so I'd imagine you might find a "Bryn Mawr" 'most anywhere Welsh settlers encountered a big hill -- although big hills seem to me less likely to be found in the Chicagoland area than in Pennsylvania or New Jersey ...

Paul A Lee Sr Telecom Engineer Rite Aid Corporation HL-IS-COM (Telecomm) V: +1 717 730-8355

30 Hunter Lane, Camp Hill, PA 17011-2410 F: +1 717 975-3789 P.O. Box 3165, Harrisburg, PA 17105-3165 C: +1 717 805-6208
Reply to
Paul A Lee
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.