Re: Our Telephonic Primacy

Dave Garland wrote (about infant mortality in Cuba):

It's true, but the US has far more heroic interventions among extremely > low birth weight and extremely premature infants than Cuba. Which, of > course, are far more likely to die than normal births. I suspect that > in Cuba, those get counted as miscarriages, not infants.

Is this just a guess, or do you have reason to suspect that the medical definition of "birth" is different in Cuba? Or perhaps it's the definition of "death"? It seems to me, considering an equal number of premature births, that heroic intervention should produce a benefit in the statistics. If it doesn't, then why do it? Or is there a higher percentage of premature births in the U.S.?

I know that Cuba has more doctors per capita than (I believe) any country in the hemisphere, and a major commitment to disease prevention and public health. Maybe it just pays off. Wouldn't that be a shock.

Reply to
John Smith
Loading thread data ...

giant con game that they call filibuster. All those are in cahoots together. Don't you ever think they're not in cahoots together, for the man that is heading the civil-rights filibuster is a man from Georgia named Richard Russell. When Johnson became president, the first man he asked for when he got back to Washington, D.C., was "Dicky" -- that's how tight they are. That's his boy, that's his pal, that's his buddy. But they're playing that old con game. One of them makes believe he's for you, and he's got it fixed where the other one is so tight against you, he never has to keep his promise.

So it's time in 2005 to wake up. And when you see them coming up with that kind of conspiracy, let them know your eyes are open. And let them know you -- something else that's wide open too. It's got to be the ballot or the bullet. The ballot or the bullet. If you're afraid to use an expression like that, you should get on out of the country; you should get back in the cotton patch; you should get back in the alley. They get all the Negro vote, and after they get it, the Negro gets nothing in return. All they did when they got to Washington was give a few big Negroes big jobs. Those big Negroes didn't need big jobs, they already had jobs. That's camouflage, that's trickery, that's treachery, window-dressing. I'm not trying to knock out the Democrats for the Republicans. We'll get to them in a minute. But it is true; you put the Democrats first and the Democrats put you last.

Look at it the way it is. What alibis do they use, since they control Congress and the Senate? What alibi

Reply to
John Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.