Re: Obituary: Schiavo Dies After Feeding Tube Removed

This kind of thinking is really disturbing. The intimates are

> certainly entitled to their point of view. However, other familes > simply do not share those religious attitudes about medical care.

What is more disturbing, in my mind, is that once they decided to let the body die (regardless of the state of the mind), they chose to let it happen through two weeks of starvation and dehydration.

This is a sad statement about humanity, that we'll use drugs to painlessly put a mortally wounded dog out of its misery, but a human body must be forced to endure two weeks of torture until its organs fail.

And even as Shiavo fades into memory, the feds continue their assault on Oregon's Death With Dignity laws ... what a bizarre society we live in.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: What do you mean, 'Shiavo fades into memory ...' _they_ are not going to allow that to happen. The net, like many broadcasting stations in recent weeks is going to convert to 'All Schiavo news, all the time'. And you call this a 'bizarre society'? As Lisa Minter explained it to me last week, when news that a top honcho in Boy Scouts of America (I am sure you've heard of them, and _their_ posture on how everything good and patriotic about America does *not* include H-people) got arrested by police and confessed to _being a pedophile_ when several hundred pictures of little boys naked and engaging in sex were found on his computer at BSA headquarters; my, oh my ... well Lisa said, "This society is really fuc--d." Yeah, I have to wonder.

Now for today's Terri Shiavo report, here is Monty Solomon. PAT]

Reply to
jmeissen
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.