Re: NY Times Plans Major Job Cutback

... Yes, but out here in Phoenix, even the regional edition is better than the Arizona Republic, which I find to be poorly designed, poorly edited, with virtually no editorial oversight with regards to accuracy, and a "moving bias" that fits whatever the "cause du jour" might be.

For example, they ran a cover feature on the ecological damage done by the Border Patrol citing harm done by four wheel drive vehicles driven in pursuit of undocumented aliens (UDAs). What the writer neglected to mention was that the "average" UDA brings, and discards an average of five pounds of trash on their trek north. When I called her on it, she very snidely replied that "I couldn't possibly know what I was talking about because [she assumed] I had never seen the area. Wrong! I had just come back from a ten day assignment with the customs and border protection southern sector flying in blackhawks, and not only told her about it, but pointed to some of the photographs I had made which proved my point in no uncertain terms. No answer from her, despite repeated email and phone messages to both her and the relevant editors at the "paper."

If a "journalist" has that little regard for the facts, rather than taking a difficult situation and further inflaming it with inaccuracies and bias, then in my humble opinion, the only reason to buy the Republic is to use it as a training aid for your puppy.

I will take ANY edition of the great [formerly] grey lady any time!

staats

Robert B> In article ,

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: With a bit of luck, local news from New >> York City gets covered in NY Times ... maybe. They do not do a very >> good job of covering local, NYC news, but they are not bad -- if a >> little bit of liberal bias is okay -- on national and international >> news. PAT] > For reasonably decent NYC local news you have to see the 'metro' > edition of the NY Times -- not the 'national' edition, or any of the > 'regional' editions.
Reply to
editor
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.